Are you ready to kick some Demogorgon butt?
Stranger Things Season 2 is coming to Netflix on Oct 27th, and in the midst of all the pre-release fever, Netflix has just dropped a retro-styled Stranger Things video game, which transports players to Hawkins, Indiana circa 1984.
The arcade-style Stranger Things: The Game simulates 8-bit game play and sees players collecting Eggos, riding bicycles, and visiting The Upside Down as part of the game play.
Here’s the official game description:
Stranger Things is back! Prepare for Season 2 of the award winning show by joining Hopper and the kids on a new, action-packed adventure.
* It’s 1984 all over again. Experience an action adventure game just like the ones our heroes would have played back in the day.
Action items include:
* Explore Hawkins and its surroundings. See your favorite locations like Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab. Uncover exciting areas you’ve never seen before!
* Solve puzzles with the unique abilities of each character. Lucas can nail anything with his Wrist Rocket. Nancy has an entire collection of bats to swing this time.
* Collect all the Eggos and Gnomes you can lay your hands on. You never know what they might unlock…
* Compete with your friends’ Speed Run times on leaderboards and social media.
And of course, the game also features the familiar theme song!
Check out the trailer then download the game today. See you guys in The Upside Down!